Published April 5, 2021
The Android Automotive OS (AAOS) Update Bulletin contains details of security vulnerabilities affecting the Android Automotive OS platform. The full AAOS update comprises the security patch level of 2021-04-01 or later from the April 2021 Android Security Bulletin in addition to all issues in this bulletin.
We encourage all customers to accept these updates to their devices.
- There are no Android Automotive OS security patches in the April 2021 Android Automotive OS Update Bulletin.
Common questions and answers
This section answers common questions that may occur after reading this bulletin.
1. How do I determine if my device is updated to address these issues?
Security patch levels of 2021-04-01 or later address all issues associated with the 2021-04-01 security patch level and all previous patch levels. To learn how to check a device's security patch level, read the instructions on the Google device update schedule.
2. What do the entries in the Type column mean?
Entries in the Type column of the vulnerability details table reference the classification of the security vulnerability.
|RCE||Remote code execution|
|EoP||Elevation of privilege|
|DoS||Denial of service|
|N/A||Classification not available|
3. What do the entries in the References column mean?
Entries under the References column of the vulnerability details table may contain a prefix identifying the organization to which the reference value belongs.
|A-||Android bug ID|
|QC-||Qualcomm reference number|
4. Why are security vulnerabilities split between this bulletin and the Android Security Bulletins?
Security vulnerabilities that are documented in the Android Security Bulletin and those documented in this bulletin, are required in order to declare the latest security patch level on Android Automotive devices.
|1.0||April 5, 2021||Bulletin published.|