Unbundled apps are those not included in the Android Automotive OS (AAOS) system image and include those listed below. To learn how to integrate unbundled apps into vehicles, see the Integration Guide.
- Car Rotary
- Google Automotive App Host
Car Launcher crashing when launching AllApps and Dialer from Facet bar
Car UI library
fixed a bug that caused the Playstore app to crash.
Added new chassis (car-ui-lib) proxy classes.
Fixed issue where the contacts avatar was not displaying properly in dialer, contacts, and favorites.
- Fixed an issue where a YouTube Music message displays in a Spotify Message.
- Fixed an issue with the News app not showing content.
- Fixed an issue that wasn't displaying the Top of Media tree to all apps.
- Fixed an issue causing app content to not appear after switching from Bluetooth to any media app.
Car rotary library
Fix the corners and the buttons as described in the specifications for the Permission dialog.
- Fix Dialer's Gradle lint errors.
- Added ProGuard to Dialer’s Gradle release builds.
- Launch the Dialer incall UI from the system status bar when Active Call is turned off in Phone Settings.
- Fix failing unit tests due to
- Android Automotive Media Player ignores
- Media continuity:
- How to handle media sources without playable items.
- Investigate and implement independent playback in Media.
- Added a Message button to missed call notification to use Direct Send to reply a missed call.
- Testing build supports the adding of contacts with an ADB command.
- Testing build supports the simulation of a fake Bluetooth connection when the user clicks Connect to Bluetooth.
- Show the phone number for contacts in the incoming call heads-up notification.
- Accelerated the speed at which contacts and call logs are loaded and fix the contacts mismatch with different locales between a phone and the head unit.
- Proguard Dialer APK to speed up on a cold start when built with tapas.
- When no phones are connected, sped up cold start by moving the No Bluetooth Connection error page away from Dialog.
- Fixed a crash when the percent sign (%) was entered in the Search box.
- Enhanced support for Right-to-Left (RTL).
- Fix duplicate incoming call HUNs if projected becomes active when an incoming call is ringing.
android:resources and fixed a dialpad layout issue in which numbers were missing.
- Added support for Car App Library powered third party settings and error (such as sign-in) pages.
- Added support for per-item content styles.
- Added optional progress bars for edia items in the Browse screen.
- Fixed NPE in
- Fixed NPE in
IllegalArgumentExceptionwhen the list of tabs changes after navigating into browse node.
- When switching to a new app from the playback screen, don’t send media IDs from the old app to the new app.
- Keep focus on the same Media button even when its action changes.
- Add the projection app to the default
- Moved MenuItems from code to XML for use in RROs.
BrowseAdapter#generateViewDatano longer creates empty items.
- Internationalization: Added string translations.
- Updated the UI and UX to provide more clarity.
- Updated the app icon.
- Created a testing build and set up unit tests, bringing test coverage to about 25%.
- Exited the app instead of popping up the only fragment on the Back button, which displays a blank screen.
- Fixed message preview overlapping other elements.
- Fixed old messages being notified of in an HUN.
- Fixed order dependent tests.
- Removed trailing whitespaces in conversations.
- Fixed muted conversations not updating in the Notification center after receiving a new message.
- Fixed messages not appearing in notifications.
- Fixed the conversation list not updating messages when the app is running in background.