(December 11) Added Troubleshooting RROs to the Car UI Library Integration Guide.
(October 20) Added these new articles to the Car UI Library Integration Guide:
(October 9) Added this new article:
- Removing Packages for the System User. This article describes how to improve performance by identifying and removing packages not needed for the SYSTEM User.
(October 6) Added these new articles:
Published the Voice Interaction Integration Guide aimed at voice assistant developers and OEMs who want to preload voice assistants on AAOS:
- About Voice Interaction
- Integration Flows
- Application Development
- Fulfilling Commands
- Testing and Debugging
(October 2) Added these new articles:
- Adding Car Settings
- Rearranging Car Settings
- Distraction Optimization in Car Settings
- Car Settings Search Indexing
(September 28) Added this new article:
- Virtualization. This article describes a new capability in Android Automotive OS (AAOS), which now supports deployment as a guest virtual machine in environments compatible with the VirtIO standard.
(September 8) These articles have been added:
- Release Details. Learn about the major features and enhancements made to Automotive in Android 11. This article also lists bug fixes and known issues.
- Bluetooth. The numerous enhancements made to Bluetooth are described in this article.
- Extended View System (EVS). The HAL now includes the Extended View System (EVS) stack, which supports rear view and surround view displays in vehicles with Android-based In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) systems. See these articles to learn more:
- Implementing the USB Port Reset API. The USB Port Reset API is a system API available in the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) for devices running Android 11 or higher. Use it to reset the USB gadget connection with the connected host.
- Vehicle Hardware Abstraction Layer. See the new articles to learn about Debugging the VHAL and Car Watchdog.
- Customize Status Bar System Icons. The Status bar displays important information to users. See this article to learn how to customize the Status bar system icons.
- Car UI Library Integration Guide. The new Car User Interface (UI) toolkit provides a UI development framework you can use to customize and ensure consistency in apps present in cars (Google apps and system and vendor apps):
- Media Customization. You can now customize the Play/Pause/Stop button layout.
- Heads-Up Notifications. In the Android Automotive OS, a notification can be displayed either as a Heads-Up Notification (HUN) or in the Notification panel (or in both). This article explains how to customize HUNs.
- Implement the System UI. Android Automotive provides a new System UI developed specifically for vehicles. See this article to learn more.
These article were updated:
- (July 30) Bluetooth. The Bluetooth article has been refreshed with Bluetooth connection management and Automotive Bluetooth profiles.
- (July 14) Pixel 3 XL and Pixel 4 XL as Development Platforms. In addition to the Pixel 3 XL, the Pixel 4 XL can now be used as a development platform. To learn more about the Pixel 4 XL, visit the Google Store.
These articles were updated:
- (June 1) Car User Experience Restrictions. Added a new section entitled Configurations for Multiple Displays.
- (June 1) Dialer. Applied numerous updates to this section and added two new articles, entitled Global Configuration Values and Toolbar.
- (June 1) Media. Applied numerous updates to this article.
- (June 1) Implementing Radio. Applied numerous updates to this article.
- (May 18) Implement the System UI. Added a new section entitled "Customize User Switching and Unlocking."
- (April 23) Vehicle Camera HAL. Added new content to describe the use of EGL/SurfaceFlinger in EVS Display HAL implementations.
- (March 27) Time Zone Options. The accurate display of time is a core feature expected of an automotive infotainment system. Learn more about working with time zones in Android Automotive.
- (March 27) Implementing Radio with Media. Learn how to provide a seamless transition between Radio and other apps in Media.
- (February 18) . Multi-Zone Overview. Added new content to describe how to implement multi-zone audio.
These articles were added this month.
What is Android Automotive|
|Human Machine Interface||
Car Settings Structure
Implementing the System UI
|Displays and Input||
Instrument Cluster Integration Guide
Managing Boot Time
Vehicle System Isolation
Manufacturer Guide for Long-Term Security
Driver Distraction Guidelines
Car User Experience Restrictions
Consuming Car Driving State and UX Restrictions